Department of Environmental Protection and Engineering Ecology
Information about department and staff
On the base of 22th article of Georgian law ,,About high education“, #7 protocol of meeting of scientific council of Water Management Institute of Georgian Technical University 28 December 2012 and letter of director of Water Management Institute 28 December 2012 #01-15/261 (number of registration #76-01-21 08.01.2013), according to order of Georgian Technical University #06 set up Department of Environmental Protection and Engineering Ecology.
Since 2013 staff of Department of Environmental Protection and Engineering Ecology have participated in preparition of contract project. On the base of prepared and then funded 2 grant project:
1. ,,Vulnerability Assessment of the Sensitive Sections appeared as a result of Ecocide in resort Borjomi valley caused by Russia (2008 Year) and Development of effective strategy against Degradation of Soils” (donor organization: Georgia Natoinal Science Foundation, Georgian Technical University),
2. Vulnerability Assessment of the degradation slope adjacent to Traseca transport corridor (vil. Gldani section) and treatment modern measures against soil degradation (donor organization: Georgian Technical University),
1. To study of natural disaster (flood, erosion, debris flow, landslide, snowslide) and treatment of effective measures against them;
2. To establish chemical charachteristic of water;
3. To establish chemical charachteristic of soil-ground.
Under the Department of Environmental Protection and Engineering Ecology encluded follow structural units – mining-reclamation ecological point of Arakhveti, hydrotechnical and chemical laboratories.
Tool-devices exist in department
In Department of Environmental Protection and Engineering Ecology are such modern tools as: pH and EC meters.
2. Eduard Kukhalashvili – Senior scientific worker, doctor of technical sciences, full professor;
3. Davit Kereselidze – Senior scientific worker, doctor of technical sciences, full professor;
4. Levan Tsulukidze - Senior scientific worker, PhD, assosiated professor;
5. Tamriko Supatashvili - Scientific worker, doctorate;
6. Giorgi Omsarashvili - Scientific worker, master;
7. Irina Khubulava - Scientific worker, master;
8. Natia Sukhishvili – Engineer,
9. Otar Oqriashvili – Laboratory assistance